Monday, August 24, 2009

McKay Sweet Shoppe, 3rd & 1st Birthdays!

So with all this preparation and FINALLY the big birthday bash was here! That morning I was freaking out a little bit because of the rainy weather. Seriously I didn't have a plan B and it pretty much stormed all morning long. The bad part is that we had gotten a bounce house for the kids and planned for everyone to be outside most of the party. Luckily after lunch the clouds started to lift and the sun came out. The weather turned out to be sunny but HOT and HUMID! I would take that though for sure. My stress level started to lower—thanks goodness! The party started at 3 and we got in a good hour before the sky turned completely black and we had yet another big rain storm. Fortunately this one only lasted about 30 minutes or so and it really didn’t stop any of the birthday fun. We ended up bringing the girls inside for cake. Taylor ate the candy and icing off of one cupcake and then asked for another. Caroline just sat back and leisurely ate her personal cake…she LOVED it! The rain let up, the sun came back out and the kids went back out in the bounce house and played outside until everyone was exhausted from being on the GO! and eating LOTS and LOTS of candy. I hope the girls enjoyed their special day. I thought the decorations and the whole day turned out well. I must say I got stressed here and there the past few weeks about all these little details but it was all worth it. I enjoyed doing it and would do it again for my precious girls! Love you both to pieces!!

Sweet Caroline!

Since my parents were out of town this weekend, we also watched their dog Sammy. The girls really love Sammy and enjoy chasing him around. Poor Sammy, he is getting too old for these kids to bother him but he had a good weekend over all too.

Taylor's best friend Jacob was able to come to the party too with his parents and his new baby brother Alex. Taylor and Jacob are such good friends and play so well together. I love to watch them interact with one another as they make me laugh; so darn cute! These two were on the GO the whole time. There aren't many pictures of them since they wouldn't sit still that long!

Caroline's little tush...We are working on our ABC's already :)
I am pretty sure Caroline LOVED her cake!

ALL the kids loved the various candies. That is seriously ALL Taylor ate on Saturday; no meals just CANDY!

Party gifts...Swirly Pops and candy!

Can you believe that I actually made these cupcakes?!!

No comments: