Sunday, August 9, 2009

Can't believe it?!

Caroline took her first step on Saturday 8-8-09...only 13 days shy of her first birthday. The girls and I were over at Grammy and PawPaw's when it all happened. Taylor was swinging outside with PawPaw and then Caroline, Grammy and I were in the living room. Caroline was reaching for me and I just kept backing up (hoping to get her to come by herself!) and then she did it! She took two steps until she realized that she was doing it by herself. She quickly went into her squat position. It has only happened one other time since and has only been one step. She will get it all soon enough and then I will wish that she wasn't walking everywhere :)
Grammy and I were so excited that we started clapping and cheering for Caroline. She thought it was like a little game and kept smiling and laughing. Too cute! Poor Caroline is suffering from a double ear infection this weekend and a fever that won't seem to go away! I did notice that this weekend her top two teeth have started to break through her gums. I am sure that hasn't helped her fever either. She hasn't been too fussy considering all of that; still happy Caroline!

Taylor went to spend Saturday morning with Mimi and Popie. They went to the Natural Science Center, which I know Taylor just loves! She told me that morning she was going to see a leopard although I don't think there was one there for them to see...or they just never got to that exhibit. Taylor told me too that Caroline couldn't go with them because it was "very dangerous." I mean she makes me laugh with the things she says lately! Seems like she had a great time; Thanks Mimi and Popie!!
Of course the camera stayed in the house this weekend as normal, but I wanted to post one of the girls. These are just a sampling of what was taken a couple of weeks ago by an AWESOME photographer here in town, Alisha Schwanke. Check out her blog. We got some really good pictures of the girls.

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

I finally looked at the pictures!! They look awesome!! I love the black and white pic of Taylor. She's a good model!! Caroline always looks so happy too!!