Thursday, August 27, 2009

Check-ups

Last week I was busy party planning and celebrating and then this week I was at the Dr. office with the two girls for their 3 year and 1 year well check-ups.  I must first say that I am SO GRATEFUL to leave the Dr.’s office with a clean bill of health for my girls.  I read more and more lately about sick babies and children that I thank God for my wonderful family and my healthy sweet girls!

Alisha Schwanke CD 048

Caroline’s visit was on Monday and thankfully she had a great report.  She seemed to be developing well with a weight of 19 lbs and 7 oz (24%) and 29 inches tall (38%).  Her ears looked clear of any fluid or infection so that was a relief considering the past month we battled double ear infections!  We have successfully gotten her off of the bottle (except when Daddy gives her one in the mornings when I am teaching a fitness class!) and she is loving the whole milk.  This little girl can certainly EAT.  She will eat just about anything you give her and will cry/scream if she wants more.  I am not sure how she gets all down without choking sometimes since she still only has her two bottom teeth.  Finally this week the top front two teeth broke through and coming down .  She is still working on forming more words to add to her list of vocabulary.  Caroline does say “DaDa'”, “MaMa” and then babbles all the time.  She has been furniture walking for several weeks now but within the last week or two she has gotten brave, stood up by herself or taken off walking without holding onto anyone or anything.  Caroline is always so happy and proud of herself when she walks.  She just turns to look at us with a huge smile and sometimes a sweet little laugh that makes me smile every time!  When I went in today to pick Caroline up at daycare I saw her walking across the room!  I was shocked and excited.  Her teacher Myniah said she had been doing that all day.  It is all so bitter sweet.  I definitely want Taylor and Caroline to hit all of their milestones but I get sad thinking they are not babies any more.  Can’t they stay like this forever? :)

Alisha Schwanke CD 018

Taylor had her three year well visit on Wednesday.  She too left with a good report.  We have a tall one on our hands….hopefully Caroline will inherit the McKay genes as well and be tall!  Taylor weighed 37 lbs (85 %) and is 39 inches tall (95%).  I feel like the list will go on and on if I let you know everything that Taylor is doing these days.  She makes me laugh all the time.  Her vocabulary is amazing and she talks all the time.  She loves to sing, dance, play “pretend”, ride her bike and is really into arts and crafts.  Really is she three already?  I can still remember bringing her home from the hospital and wondering how I was going to take care of this life?!  I think Rob and I have managed to make this all work.  We Love Taylor and Caroline with all our hearts and really understand how fortunate we are to have them with us, as healthy as can be!  God is good!!

No comments: