Thursday, July 23, 2009

11 months!

Caroline turned 11 months on Tuesday. Gracious time really is flying by! My youngest baby really isn't such a baby any more. I have been busy planning the girls birthday party. I am almost sad that I am already planning a 1st and 3rd birthday for the girls. I want them to stay little :)
We were going to do a separate one for each but with the invite list and all the other details it got to be too much. We are having one big party and hope it all turns out well on August 22nd. I will certainly post pictures after the big event.
Caroline is a Mommy's girl and is still attached to my hip. If I am in the room she wants to be right underneath my feet or in my arms. I do love it most of the time but want her to be a little less attached.
She is a happy smiley baby though. She has gotten really good at walking with her walking toys. She will stand by herself for several seconds until she realizes that she is doing it on her own. I think that scares her and then she drops down. I think she just needs confidence and then off she will be! She has also gotten a little sneaky and she has found the stairs now too. A couple of weeks ago we took our eyes off of her for a minute and the next thing we knew she was four stairs up!!

She really likes being outside and watching the neighborhood kids play. She is always watching her big sis Taylor and laughs a lot at her too. I think they will be good friends one day!
Caroline has her own little way of waving "bye-bye"; she just gives you the hand. It is funny and of course adorable to us. She has definitely found her voice. She is working on forming those words but nothing is too clear yet except for "Da Da"
I swear she used to say "Ma Ma" but guess that was just to appease me a couple of months ago :) She babbles all the time and likes to squeal (wonder if she picked that up from Taylor?) She likes to clap her hands and gets so excited when I sing "If you are Happy and you Know it!" She still only has her two bottom teeth but we think she has been trying to cut some the past week or so.
She loves her teachers at Village Kids, Ms. Myniah and Ms. Nevona. She is really attached to them as well. Her teachers tell us that when they walk away or leave the room that she starts to cry. It is so odd for us to experience this separation anxiety as Taylor never went through it.
She is eating like such a big girl these days. She will eat almost anything we give her. I think her favorite food is graham crackers and any type of fruit. We started giving her half milk and half formula in her bottle around 3 weeks ago. Today is the last day that she will get any formula in her bottles and we are going to start gradually taking them away. At daycare they have been putting her milk/formula in a sippy cup for about two weeks. She is doing so well! Again I am a little sad, no more bottles?! Our baby is growing up and way too fast!
Caroline and Taylor bring Rob and I so much happiness! We are so lucky and truly blessed.


She LOVES to climb.

I attempted to have my own photo session last weekend. What a sweetie!

This was taken on July 22nd, 11 month b-day.

She caught me trying to take her picture and started coming my way.

No comments: