Thursday, May 21, 2009

2 Years 9 months AND 9 Months!

Taylor was 2 years and 9 months old yesterday AND Caroline is exactly 9 months old today! Seriously I know I say this all the time lately, but really where does the time go?!
Both girls are doing really well; they are healthy and happy and that in itself is a real true blessing.

Sweet Caroline went for her 9 month check up yesterday. She weighed in at 16 lbs. 11 oz. (40%); height 27 3/4 inches (41%) and her head size was in the 15th percentile. This picture shows her norm...all smiles and lots of giggles!

Two years ago Taylor weighed 18 lbs. 11oz and was 28 inches in height at her 9 month check up. I guess their measurements are not too different. Taylor has grown up so much and so quickly since then too :) She won't go back to Dr. for a check up until her 3rd birthday but we did have to take her in a few weeks ago for an ear infection. She weighed 34 lbs and is really tall like her Daddy.


Taylor is full of it these days. She continues to make Rob and I laugh all the time although then the next minute we want to scream as she just won't listen?! I guess that is a joy of being a parent and having a two year old. I wouldn't trade a minute of it though as I love my girls to pieces. Not sure what she is doing that is "new" as it seems everyday she seems to know more and more. She comprehends a lot more now and is starting to question everything. She wants to know "WHY?" everything happens. I never thought I would say it but have found myself answering after the fourth time or so..."Because I said so..." I know she is just being inquisitive and working on piecing everything together. I do try to be patient.


Caroline has been working on the crawling thing for a couple of weeks now. It seems as though she would almost just prefer to stand up. Finally within the last week she has started to move a little on both knees or with one leg out.Often times I find her in the plank or push up position (Again, yes I taught her that and she has great form...just kidding)
She will be speed crawling before we know it so we will enjoy this slow pace now! A few things Caroline is doing right now:
1. Adores her big sister; Caroline thinks Taylor is really funny!
2. Loves our dogs, Duke and Rusty
3. Is a mover and a shaker and can't sit still!
4. Gabs all the time...um wonder who she gets that from?! :-)
Sometimes you can make out a word like MaMa or ByeBye but nothing constant
5. Is teething...recently her bottom two teeth poked through
6. Really enjoys watching t.v.
7. Can wave "bye-bye"sometimes
8. Thinks it is really funny when you blow her a kiss or try to get her to do it
9. Loves to eat the Gerber Puffs...any flavor!
10. We just started to feed her some table food. She ate carrots the other night for the first time. She seem to do ok except they were a little hard for her to pick up. The more she eats solids, the less interested she has become in her formula. Hopefully we can break her of the bottle right at 12 months like we did with Taylor!

These two girls are my everything! They mean to world to Rob and I; we are so blessed for our healthy happy growing girls!

(I had "picture time" before school/work today)

No comments: