Monday, January 17, 2011

Sickness GO AWAY!

So I guess ‘Tis the Season for nasty colds, ear infections and coughs! I think we have all been passing it back and forth. I hated though that little Ella was getting so sick. Ella started off with one horrible stuffy nose and nasty sounding cough. Rob and I were both a little concerned so we decided to take Ella in on Wed. The Dr. said unfortunately it was simply a nasty cold that we would have to let run it’s course. I was happy her ears and her lungs were both clear but poor Ella didn’t get any better as the week went on. On Friday afternoon, daycare called to tell me that Ella had nasty yellow/greenish stuff coming from her eye. Of course we thought it was pink eye (especially since she has already had that four times!!) and started the drops. By Saturday morning, her left eye was swollen shut and she just looked completely miserable…not to mention we had not been sleeping well all week long! I took Ella back into the Dr. that morning. We saw Dr. Walker at the after hours clinic in Kernersville and he helped Ella on her road to recovery. She didn’t end up having an ear infection or pink eye but she developed an infection in her sinus cavity causing the red puffy eye. Ella got one of those awfully painful antibiotic shots in her leg (well I have never had one but he nurse and other people have told me that they are really painful!) and then a round of antibiotics. Luckily by the middle of the following week, she was feeling better.

I will say that one good thing that came out of all of this was getting to see Ella ROLL OVER from her back to her belly!!!! We were waiting for the Dr. to come in and I was letting Ella play on the long table. She had been trying to do it at home but I never saw her get ALL the way over until this day! If the nurses heard me, they most likely thought I was crazy since I was clapping for her and what not. I am not sure if she has done that before at school, but I just pretended it was the first time :-)

No comments: