Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baptism for Ella Kathryn McKay

A child is a precious gift from God
and baptism is God's gift wrapping.

Today we placed our child in God’s care forevermore.

Ella Kathryn was baptized this morning at the 9 am service at Saint Pius X in Greensboro. My sister, Kerri and brother, Keith agreed to help guide Ella in her faith by agreeing to be her Godparents. Kerri and Keith, both hold a VERY special place in our hearts. They are wonderful people, ones I have always looked up to throughout my life. I am confident they will be wonderful role models for my girls as well! Thanks to both of you for sharing this special part of Ella’s faith with us!

We had a good family weekend. My sister and her family are awesome! They took a long weekend and DROVE down here for this special occasion. Rob and I really appreciated this as I know making the trip a couple of times ourselves…it is really a LONG drive, especially with kids! THANK YOU!!!!

Ella was perfect during the church service and whole baptism. She had fallen asleep right before the actual baptism so I am sure it was a big surprise to her to be woken up by water pouring over her head! Again, she was wonderful as she only jumped a little and then lifted her head, looked at the congregation and just smiled! Just precious.

We went back to my parents house with some close friends and family and spent the morning/afternoon together. It was a perfect day!

100_5486

100_5491-1

100_5492

100_5494

100_5500

100_5529

100_5531

Jake LOVED his baby cousin and was so sweet to Ella…

100_5501

I am pretty sure he was trying to give her a kiss :-)

100_5504

100_5512 100_5508

100_5514

No comments: