Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow days!

Well we haven't been hit hard in a few years with a good snow storm until this past weekend. We got about 8 inches of snow and ice...LOTS for us in the triad! Of course in NC, that means everything shuts down for a week to two :)--Well almost that long!
The girls loved it and I liked it for about a couple of hours. The snow was pretty but I just hate that it takes forever for it and the ice to melt away! I am not usually one that likes to be stuck in the house. Although as much as I do love to be out and about, I do have to admit it was a little nice to just lounge around the house all day on Saturday. We all had some good quality family time and I even got some MUCH needed cleaning done. Once the snow and sleet stopped we were able to go out and enjoy all the snow and some good sledding with our neighbors on Sunday.
Taylor checking out her snazzy boots on the way out to play!

Taylor was playing with the boys in the cul-de-sac and one of them put ice down her back...she couldn't wait for me to get it all out!

Caroline wasn't too sure about the sled at first. So I decided to show her it was fun...
Oh YES she was trying to push Mommy along on the sled!

Taylor was helping Daddy shovel the driveway. Always such a good helper!
Caroline was a little upset that the jeep was "stuck" and not moving well in the snow!

No comments: