Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas!

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mckay with Tree

After lots of discussion, Rob and I finally made the decision to travel to Connecticut this year for Christmas.  My sister lives there with her family.  She has two little boys that are the same age as my girls.  My parents had been planning on going up for the Holiday and after my sister invited us, I knew it would be wonderful to all be together on such a special day.  So on Wednesday before Christmas we woke up very early and headed out for the LONG drive.  I was very nervous about the ride as I wasn’t too sure how the girls would behave in the car for that long.  To our surprise, they were great!  With the frequent bathroom stops and some food pit stops, we made it there in about 12 hours.  Taylor was super excited about going to see her cousins.  When I went into her room that morning around 4:30, I figured she would be her normal groggy self.  Nope she hopped right up, changed clothes and was ready for the trip.  She did however ask after 7 minutes in the car if we were there yet?!  Poor thing.  I had to tell her that we had a very LONG way to go!  She did ask often if we were there yet, but was awesome the entire trip!  Once we got into Connecticut we hit major traffic.  We were all so ready to be there and out of the car.  Little Caroline had lost it by then and had a meltdown.  I felt horrible for her but seriously there wasn’t much we could do to help her.  She just wanted out!  I can’t blame her, because I personally would NOT want to be strapped in a seat for 12 hours!!!!  Once we got there, the kids were beside themselves.  They were running every which way and so excited to see their cousins Mason and Jake (and Aunt Kerri and Uncle Jimmy too!)

We had a wonderful trip and a fabulous Holiday.  My sister Kerri has an awesome extended family.  Her husband is one of nine children and all of them live in CT except for one of his sister’s and her family.  The LeBlanc’s have always been so welcoming and loving.  They make our visits fun and memorable and we really appreciate them sharing their traditions with us and always being so generous.  A HUGE thank you to my sister as well.  She always does a great job as a hostess in making everyone comfortable and happy.  I admire her for that since I really don’t have to be a hostess much to out of town guests.  When my sister comes into town they usually stay with my parents.  Kerri was a huge help with getting some of our gifts for Christmas morning.  She was a fabulous cook (and bartender) throughout the week and made the trip relaxing, fun and total worth it!

On Christmas morning the kids totally made Christmas!  From the looks on their faces and the many shrieks of joy, it made all the fuss and craziness of shopping totally worth it!  Now don’t get me wrong, it was pure chaos that morning with the gift opening.  Santa brought Taylor this Princess keyboard vanity which was quite the hit among ALL the kids!

Disney Princess Keyboard Vanity -  Creative Designs - Toys"R"Us

Santa brought Mason and Jake a train table, new cars and a “guy” kitchen.  These were the only gifts that were unwrapped.  So once the present opening started it was just crazy.  I think they were all overwhelmed.  Jake and Caroline were too funny.  They didn’t care to open their gifts and just wandered around.  Mason and Taylor were happy to help in opening the little one’s gifts though.  There were so many toys I don’t think the kids knew where to start.  Taylor got this guitar, microphone and amp set from Santa as well.  We have lots of clips of the cousins playing in “their band”

 Dream Dazzlers Rock Out Guitar, Microphone and Headset

Oh yes these are priceless moments! 

Even as we are home now I feel like the girls get out something new everyday that they got from Christmas.  They must have been two very good girls!!

The four cousins right before church on Christmas Eve.  There are several photos as we attempted to get all four looking at the camera and smiling…yeah right, not going to happen not at the age 3 and 1!!

100_4250

After Christmas Eve partying…getting ready for bed and lounging with Grammy and PawPaw.

100_4259

Crazy yet FUN Christmas morning.  Not too many photos but I do have video to post!

100_4262

100_4265

100_4266

100_4267

No comments: