Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ear Piercing

So right about this time 2 years ago Grammy (my Mom) and I took Taylor to get her ears pierced and this afternoon, Grammy and I took Caroline. I was so lucky with Taylor as she fell asleep on the way to Merle Norman. The two lovely ladies were able to determine the right spot for the earrings while Taylor peacefully slept in her car seat. She woke up screaming once they pierced her ears but once her paci was back in Taylor was fine; I didn't hear another whimper from her! Wow I got lucky...So I was just hoping the same thing would happen with Caroline b/c sometimes she will fall asleep on the ride home from daycare. I picked Caroline up this afternoon from Village Kids a little before 5 and thought for sure she would take a cat nap on the ride over to Merle Norman. Nope, Caroline wanted to keep it interesting as she chatted the whole way. She was wide awake once we arrived. The same two lovely ladies that pierced Taylor's ears also did it for Caroline. They are wonderful! Unfortunately I had to hold Caroline in my lap with one hand holding her forehead. Luckily for Mommy and Caroline the whole process lasted only a couple of seconds. Of course she screamed but that too didn't last too long either. I placed her paci in her mouth and hugged her close. Soon enough she was all smiles again. She looks adorable in her new earrings--Thanks Grammy!!

I will post pictures soon. Of course I forgot to bring my camera to Merle Norman and I didn't get any tonight at the house. Caroline was ready for her bath and bed!

No comments: