Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The girls are growing up!

I can not believe it!!! Taylor is 2.5 and Caroline is 6 months old! Oh my where does the time go? Taylor is not our baby any more. She is talking up a storm and makes us laugh all the time. Yesterday we were on our way to CVS and she was in the back with one of her books when she proclaimed, “Momma this book is driving me bonkers!” I had to ask her again what she said as I thought maybe I was just hearing things. Sure enough she repeated herself and that is what she said. Then last night after I read Taylor her bed time books I heard her usual cries from underneath the door, “Mommy, Mommy!!” When I finally went back into her room to settle her down and lay with her for “2 minutes” (her favorite requested length of time that we lay with her?!) I found her on the floor with her baby doll in hand and her bed was a mess! Her sheets were a mess and all of her stuff animals looked like they had been thrown all over her bed; obviously she had been making a ruckus! Then she looked up at me and said, “Mommy my animals are being crazy! They were on top of my baby doll!!” I mean where do they get this stuff?! She is certainly using her imagination these days and keeping us entertained and BUSY!
Caroline had her 6 month check up on Monday. Right now she is rolling everywhere, smiling and laughing all the time and making those cute baby sounds. She is a happy baby! She weighed in at 13lbs. and 4 oz. She is only 7th percentile in her weight...we are trying to fatten her up with more calories!! She loves her formula but doesn't seem to care about veggies or even fruit?! I am just going to keep trying to get her to eat. At first she wasn't interested in the cereal and now she has her mouth open before I can get another spoonful. I know in time she will get it all!

We are just trying to treasure these moments because it is crazy how fast time goes by! They are two sweet girls that we have been blessed with to love and nurture.

Can't beleive two and half years have gone by...Here Taylor is at 1 week
Already SIX months have flown by...Caroline at 1 week too (2 years later)


No comments: