Saturday, October 16, 2010

Keeping up

So about a week after I had Ella, we decided to take Caroline out of Village Kids. Taylor had just started a pre-K program at VK and since she had been there since she was 11 weeks old, we decided to let her stay with her friends and amazing teacher Mrs. Kieran!
I am not 100% sure how we are going to make the school/daycare thing work with THREE kids now. We are still trying to figure it all out!
Once Caroline left VK, we put her in a church pre-school. She goes to Kernersville Wesleyan Academy every day from 9-12 and is in Mrs. Jaime and Mrs. Deborah's 2 year old class. The first couple of weeks were hard. I know that change is never easy and with everything we had going on then I guess it was only natural for this transition to be a little hard on me and Caroline. Caroline cried when I left her the first day at pre-school and then I had to rush out of there as well so I could ball my eyes out in the car! We are so comfortable with Village Kids; all the teachers know my girls and me so I always felt at ease there. There wasn't any particular reason we took Caroline out; we are definitely trying to budget these days, and thought while I was on leave we could definitely save a little by putting Caroline in this other pre-school. Plus Kernersville Wesleyan Academy has been highly recommended by several friends.
So for the first couple weeks drop off was a little hard but just as anything, things got better. Just last week when I took Caroline in, she ran into her classroom to give Mrs. Jamie a hug and didn't even turn back to tell me "Good Bye!"
Of course that broke my heart but then again I was so excited that she felt happy and at home in her new school. Every week they go to Chapel and have music. Caroline LOVES Chapel and often shows us how she dances in Chapel every week. She told me the other day she had fun and wanted to go back tomorrow! Gosh just as we are getting into a new routine and our new "normal" things are going to change again since I have to go back to work on October 25th!

As for Taylor, she is doing so well in the Pre-K program at Village Kids. Her favorite thing is getting her homework assignment on Mondays. She is really excited and eager to get it done AS SOON AS WE GET IN THE DOOR. I have had to explain to her that we can't do it at that very moment every Monday as I am usually trying to get dinner ready, get everyone settled and trying to feed a hungry baby! On most days she accepts that we will do it later when things settle down for all of us.
Rob and I just adore Taylor's teacher Mrs. Kieran. She is wonderful with all the kids. I know she really cares about them and only wants the best for them. Everyday as Taylor is leaving and we are saying our good byes, Kieran comes up to Taylor gives her a kiss or a hug and tells her that she loves her. Seriously it is so sweet and so nice to know that someone that truly loves Taylor is with her all day! Since I have been on maternity leave, I have picked Taylor up early on most days. I know she really likes school when she gets a little upset to leave sometimes. She enjoys playing and learning with all her friends. She keeps talking about how she is going into Kindergarten soon and she just can't wait! Goodness where is the time going?! I mean I feel like just yesterday Rob and I were bringing our first born, Taylor home from the hospital. We were proud and nervous first time parents :)

Well we were definitely proud parents again 8 weeks ago when we brought Ella home...we weren't quiet as nervous the third time around but just as excited! Ella is doing so good. She started smiling around 6 weeks. Goodness I had forgotten how sweet that little grin is and how it melts your heart! Ella still isn't awake much as she is living the life of eating, sleeping, pooping and grinning....usually in that order too :)

Pictures to come...

No comments: