Saturday, September 19, 2009

Great Saturday with the girls!

Today was a busy day for us! Rob was lucky enough to go to the ECU/Carolina game although those Pirates let us down!! Taylor, Caroline and I had a full agenda. This morning Taylor had soccer pictures and her second soccer game. I am happy to report that the second game was 100% better than the first! Taylor did a a wonderful job during soccer pictures and was really excited about the game (I am not sure if it had anything to do with a little bribe I enticed her with this morning?!) I told her if she listened well all morning, smiled for the pictures and played the whole soccer game then we would get ice cream after the game. (Whatever works, right!)

Getting ready for pictures…

100_3926

They are all paying close attention to what Coach Robbie has to say

100_3931

Seriously looking back at these pictures I laugh even more. It is a funny sight to see 3-4 year olds playing an organized sport. I am not sure what little Ian is doing here (blonde hair little boy?)

100_3930

A real ACTION shot!

100_3933

Group huddle…GOOOOOO Team United!

100_3937

Taylor got to be goalie in her soccer game for a little while and did a great job. I think she only let one goal get passed her. We keep telling the kids not to touch the ball with their hands so they are having a hard time understanding that they can actually use their hands though if they are in the goal…yes I guess that is confusing and especially for a three year old! Taylor liked the goalie position, although I think that might be because she could hang on the goal like a little monkey. I had to explain to her that it wasn’t a jungle gym and that she needed to pay attention. Overall she was fabulous the whole game and played the full 60 minutes!

Goalie…

100_3945 100_3953

Hey Taylor…You CAN touch and grab the ball as a goalie!

100_3952

After the game, we had lunch with Grammy and PawPaw and then the girls and I headed to the grocery store. I normally go on Sundays and now I know why; that place is packed on Saturday afternoon! The girls were really well behaved though and that definitely made the trip easier. Taylor was even allowed to pick one prize on our way out. She chose these Tinkerbelle keys that look like regular car keys. I am not sure that was the best decision on my part as she kept asking if she could start the car with her new keys?! Oh goodness, I had to explain over and over again that those were just pretend keys and they should NEVER be used in Mommy or Daddy’s cars. Let’s hope that was noted and understood!! The girls and I came home and played outside with all the neighborhood kids until Rob got home. We had a great “girls day” but sure am glad that Rob is home now too!!

100_3898-1

Guess who was blowing me kisses at dinner…

100_3905

And playing Peek-a-Boo!

100_3908100_3910

My Caroline who is not so petite any more and LOVES to eat!

100_3914-1

No comments: