Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Four Months and Double Ear infection!

Ella is already four months! Seriously time flies by even faster with the third child. I remember with Taylor I couldn’t wait for her to start talking, crawling and walking (and she actually did all three very early!). Caroline I didn’t push it or want that as much and now with Ella, I just want to freeze time! I want her to be able to sit up but that is about it. I know I can’t hold her back from doing all these things but I see how fast things go and I hate to rush this time away. I definitely want Ella and the other two girls to be on track developmentally but it is hard to let that happen. This time period is bittersweet! I love watching the girls learn new things and doing more and more on their own like “big girls” but it is a reminder to me that are not going to be babies for long.

Ella went in her for four month check up on 12/21/10. She weighed 11 lbs. and was 24 inches long. (35% for weight and 50% for height)

I like to compare the stats with Taylor and Caroline. Taylor was 25.5 inches long and 13 lbs. 4 oz. Caroline weighed 11 lbs. 14 oz and was 24 inches long too. I am hoping they all continue to get their Daddy’s tall genes and I better watch out because if they do, they will be towering over me in a few years!

We also found out that poor Ella was suffering from a double ear infection. I kind of knew something was wrong with her before we took her in that morning. Ella normally sleeps great but the past couple of nights she had been waking up several times throughout the night. I remember that was a tell-tell sign that Caroline had an ear infection. Luckily Dr. Bramley gave Ella an antibiotic and we hope to get this infection knocked out very soon!

Ella is a great baby! She usually always smiles at you when you talk to her. She loves to laugh and it is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. She rolls over from her belly to back and really wants to move more! I think she would be in heaven if she could sit up by herself and I don’t think it will be long before she is doing just that! She adores her sisters as she is always intently watching them. Taylor and Caroline enjoy acting silly in front of Ella and getting her to make a little laugh or a big smile! Ella is so laid back, but then again I guess she has to be with a two-year and a four-year old constantly talking, screaming, singing, dancing and crying.

Emily family standing

Emily family sitting

Sweet Ella on 12/21, right before her check up

100_5315

No comments: