Saturday, October 17, 2009

Market Week

Twice a year I usually take a week of vacation from Polo to work the furniture market in High Point. It is great extra cash for us; like the bonus that I DO NOT get from Polo :)
It is definitely a stressful week at the house though since our schedules are all thrown off and I am not there to help out too much. I swear it seems like every time I work the market someone gets sick too. Last spring I came down with a nasty bug and then unfortunately this week Caroline has been sick. I started on Thursday working at the market and around 9 that morning I got a call from daycare. Caroline had pink eye in both eyes, an ear infection and one nasty cold that seemed like a bad sinus infection. Poor little girl. I felt awful as I just wanted to be with her while she was so sick. Fortunately Rob was able to take Thursday off from work to take Caroline to the Dr. and take care of her at home. We were so lucky that Rob's parents (Mimi and Popie) were able to help us out on Friday. Popie had lots of quality time with Caroline on Friday morning while Mimi was at work until 1 pm.
I got a funny email from Rob on Friday morning. He said Popie just called saying, "Caroline just pooped, how does this diaper thing work?!"
Everything and everyone seemed fine when we got home, so I know she was in good hands!
Thanks Popie and Mimi for helping us out and taking such great care of our little girl. I am sure she had a great time with you two and got lots of loving!

No comments: