Saturday, July 12, 2008

Taylor's first Big "Boo-Boo"....

So my poor baby got her first fat, busted lip tonight!!!! We were all playing with the big beach ball out in the cul-d-sac and in the grass when Taylor took a bad tumble in the street! It was awful and I felt just helpless and horrified that my baby was hurt. She was bleeding really bad and just screaming. She scraped her nose and her upper lip pretty bad. I really can't tell yet if anything serious happened to her front teeth as she won't let me get too close. She was just pitiful the rest of the night and I felt awful that I couldn't do more to help her. Of course I called my Mom once I got Taylor to sleep to tell her about the incident and just how bad I felt. My Mom told me it was part of motherhood in which we want everything in the world to protect our little ones and take any and all hurt away from them. Goodness that is SO TRUE...guess I understand a little more why my Mom is so protective! Well I know this is just a small mishap but of course it seemed big to me at the time. I am sure Taylor will have more tumbles and "boo-boo's" but I don't think I will ever handle them well.
She is doing OK now as she is sleeping so peacefully in her bed.

No comments: