Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Girl Bed...

So Taylor is now sleeping in her new room in her "Big Girl Bed"!!!!! Since the baby will be here sometime in August we have been working on getting Taylor's new room ready. We are currently working on some final touches with wall hangings and what not but we officially closed the door to her nursery and she slept in her new room last Saturday night (June 21st). I think I was more afraid of what was to come that night than any of us. We kept asking her throughout the week if she was going to sleep in her new room in the big girl bed. She would reply with her sweet little "yes!" Well after her bath we made our way into her new room to read books and go to sleep. She did great! Taylor went right into her bed without a fuss. It was wonderful! She told me "Nite-nite and I love you Mommy." (How precious is that?!!!) I was so nervous about her throwing a fit, falling out or just getting out. I went back up to check on her about 10 minutes later and she was already fast asleep! I couldn't believe it. Later that night after checking on her for the 10th time I realized that my little "baby" wasn't a baby anymore...she is a big girl, a toddler! Wow--where does the time go?! Needless to say it was an emotional night for Mommy. Taylor slept in the next morning until almost 8am! That is very unusual as she is usually up between 6:45 and 7am. I went in to get her that morning and was greeted with a big smile. I was so proud of her and praised her for sleeping so well in her new room and new big bed! I have been knocking on wood and keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to go so well with her new room and new bed. So far so good! She has officially been in there for a full week; let's just pray everything continues to go smoothly!! Here are some pictures that I took last Sunday night of her in the new big girl bed. (I was a nervous wreck on Saturday about it that I completely forgot to take a picture of the "big night.") It is only a twin bed but she looks so tiny in it! There is a little crack in between the bed and the wall so we put up some pillows so she wouldn't get stuck. (We are going to put a body pillow there, but I am still working on it.) I guess the next step will be to get rid of the pacifiers!!!

No comments: